Santa Ana CA
City of Santa Ana Fire Engine Restoration Project
Originally purchased by the Irvine Company on February 8, 1921 from the Seagrave Company of Columbus, Ohio this 750 GPM Fire Engine was the first motorized pumper used in the City of Santa Ana.
At a cost of $12,000.00 it was considered, at the time, to be “state of the art” in firefighting equipment. The engine was housed at Fire Station #2 located at 307 N. Sycamore in Santa Ana (near the old Orange County Courthouse).
In 1988 the City of Santa Ana re-acquired the fire engine from a farmer who had been using it for many years to water his crops. Unfortunately, the city lacked the funds and volunteers to complete the restoration work and the project was sidelined. In July of 1996 tired of seeing a classic piece of firefighting equipment rusting away, a group made up of dedicated Santa Ana firefighters and community volunteers embarked in restoration efforts. All body and paint work was donated by Doffo Auto Body.
Today, you can enjoy this beautiful piece of our city’s history displayed at Original Mike’s Restaurant on the corner of First and South Main Streets in Santa Ana.
Since founding Doffo Auto Body and Paint in 1980 Jorge and Marcelo Doffo have been committed to participating and supporting their community through a variety of civic and non-profit affiliations.
Jorge held several positions in the South Santa Ana Merchants’ Association including serving as President of the association for three years.
Currently he holds an active position in the Automotive Academy at High School Inc. Marcelo’s community involvement ranges from the Santiago Club to the Orange County Wine Society where he is an honorary member.
Marcelo founded Doffo Wines in Temecula, CA. Doffo Wines have been awarded a Silver Medal from the Orange County Wine Society.
The Doffo brothers also sponsor a school in Chaco North Argentina.